That Triathlon Show is the number one triathlon podcast for interviews with the best coaches, scientists and experts in the world.
That Triathlon Show is brought to you by www.scientifictriathlon.com and is hosted by Mikael Eriksson. Learn more about That Triathlon Show at www.scientifictriathlon.com/podcast/
Alan Murchison is a lifelong endurance athlete, and one of few athletes to both run under 30 minutes for 10k and ride under 18 minutes for 10 miles. He is also a chef, with 25 years of experience in Michelin starred kitchens. Today he runs Performance Chef, where he works with athletes from amateur level up to the highest possible level in the sports of triathlon, cycling, and other endurance sports. He brings a practical and holistic perspective to food and nutrition for endurance athletes.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
-How Alan works with athletes depending on their needs
-Key principles of nutrition in training and outside of training
-Energy and macronutrient intake, and thinking in terms of easy, moderate and hard days
-Should you track your food intake?
-Supplements – are there any worth taking?
-Different diets and intolerances, and how to manage them
-What can amateurs learn from professionals, and what we should not try to copy
-Specific advice for female athletes
SCIENTIFIC TRIATHLON AND THAT TRIATHLON SHOW WEBPAGE:
Precision Fuel & Hydration – Optimise and individualise your fueling and hydration strategy using their FREE Fuel & Hydration planner. Book a FREE one-on-one consultation to chat with the team and refine your fueling and hydration even further. Listeners of That Triathlon Show get 15% off their first order of fueling and hydration products. If you didn’t catch the discount code in the episode, email Andy and the team at email@example.com and they will be happy to help.
ZEN8 – The ZEN8 Indoor Swim Trainer is a unique Dryland Swim Trainer that allows you to improve technique, power, and swim training consistency. With the trainer you can do specific power and technique work, including working on your catch and core activation, and it helps you stay consistent even if you don’t have much time to train. Get the special Zen8 x TTS bundle including the Swim Trainer and a number of ZEN8 training plans and on-demand workouts on zen8swimtrainer.com/tts.
LINKS AND RESOURCES:
- That Triathlon Show Listener Survey
- Alan’s website and Instagram
- The Cycling Chef: Recipes for Performance and Pleasure – Alan’s cookbook
- Supporting Champions by Steve Ingham
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- The Midlife Cyclist: The Road Map for the +40 Rider Who Wants to Train Hard, Ride Fast and Stay Healthy by Phil Cavell
- More Fuel You: Understanding Your Body & How to Fuel Your Adventures by Renee McGregor
- Babish Culinary Universe – Youtube-channel about cooking
- Carbohydrates – science and practice with Tim Podlogar, PhD | EP#354
- Workout fueling – best practices of top coaches | EP#306
- Nutrition for endurance and ultra-endurance athletes with Trent Stellingwerff, PhD | EP#265
- Caffeine in racing – best practices with Andy Blow | EP#346
- Caffeine and Endurance Performance with Ajmol Ali, PhD | EP#234
- Evidence-based supplements for triathletes and endurance athletes | EP#193
- IOC consensus statement: dietary supplements and the high-performance athlete – Maughan et al. 2018
- The menstrual cycle and oral contraception – impact on exercise performance with Kelly McNulty | EP#280
- Period of the period – trustworthy educational content about women’s health and performance
RATE AND REVIEW:
If you enjoy the show, please help me out by subscribing, rating and reviewing: www.scientifictriathlon.com/rate/